Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Psycho

Ed Gein, the inspiration for many other horror films.


I have never been a huge fan of horror movies. That being said I'm going to continue on with this review of Psycho. This is thee father to all horror films. This being said the basis of this particular film was a man named Ed Gein. ===>



In psycho we meet Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates, Janet Leigh as Marion Crane,Vera Miles as Lila Crane. These three have become well known because of this one movie the names usually go hand in hand. From the very beginning we get an idea of the social mentality of the time period, how women shouldn't have a mind of there own basically. This is properly shown by the leading actress Janet Leigh, when she is on the run from the cops and any other purser she may encounter. But as rain starts to become heavy she is forced to stay at the Bates motel. Here is when the movie starts to become some what interesting to me. I found myself trying to unravel the mystery of who Norman Bates was this occupied a majority of my time during this movie along with, trying to get over that the toilet scene was the reason this movie was almost banned from theaters.

You begin to get and idea who Norman is through some of his lines such as-"We all go a little mad sometimes."
  1. "Old habits die hard."
  2. "This place happens to be my world."
  3. "Mom, there is blood everywhere!"
  4. "A boy's best friend is his mother."
  5.  "We all go a little mad sometimes."
These are just a couple that stood out to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment